Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Spaghetti Feed Success!

After the long day of work yesterday, we surprisingly earned $615.22 from the Spaghetti Feed. It was surprising due to the fact that we had doubts about the turn out. We were unprepared and caught off guard when our boss decided to bail out on us last minute. We had a crazy week preparing for events that we had to take charge of when our ex-boss claimed that she would take care of it all. I was most disappointed due to the fact that she promised to change and to be more available after two of our staff members decided to leave. Despite of all the shocking changes and twists, my awesome team has pulled through and we were able to acheived our goal of serving the youth with our three spectacular events this month. It saddens me because for the one year that I have been here, I've had the opportunity to know such amazing people and learn so many things about working in this organization. So many people have come and go in this one year and now it is the ultimate change. Regardless of it all, I have dealt with it. My motto is "You have to do what you have to do." With the many different staff members we've had in this one year, I've cooperated and worked with them to the best of my abilities. I'm the type of person that can remain collected and calm despite the chaos around me. I mind my own business and will perform my duties to the best of my capabilities. In work, relationships, and life, we all must (as Cornelius Robinson says) "Keep moving Forward."

No comments:

Post a Comment